Friday, December 30, 2011

Fields of the Wood

IMG_8415

One of our last days of Christmas vacation was spent at Fields of the Wood Bible Park in Murphy, NC.  Now this is a place that apparently EVERYONE in my life knew about except me.  I have never, ever heard of this place, but every time I mentioned it to some one they say “Oh yeah, Fields of the Wood?!  Yeah, I’ve been…[ several times, last week, yesterday, when I was a kid, etc, etc.]”  But somehow I have NEVER heard of this place.  I’m not sure how that’s possible.

Anyway, it was pretty interesting.  There are several Bible statues and replicas.  It was deserted so we practically had the whole place to ourselves.

IMG_8417IMG_8418IMG_8433

We love that little girl!!!

IMG_8420IMG_8421IMG_8424IMG_8425IMG_8427IMG_8429IMG_8440IMG_8441IMG_8447

My favorite part of the entire day (possibly the entire week) was when Halie and I walked into the empty tomb replica – she looked around and said “What is this place?”  It was so funny!

IMG_8456

The tomb is empty!!!

IMG_8451IMG_8460IMG_8461IMG_8462IMG_8464IMG_8466IMG_8467IMG_8479IMG_8468

We had a Subway picnic on top of the hill.  [Here I have to admit that I did *not* walk up all of those stairs but took the road that runs up the side of the hill (in the car).  You know, my back, etc.  Right. Brent & Halie did walk them. I will not disclose whether Arlis & Thelma walked the steps or drove. :)] At the top of the hill it was COLD!  But the picnic was so good!  And the view was great!

IMG_8475IMG_8485IMG_8492

After we left FOTW, we drove the scenic to Chattanooga to eat with the Anderson fam at Lilly Maes.  We were going to try to make it down to the Health Department to see Kourtney at work, but we couldn’t make it in time (we told her we definitely weren’t going to be able to make it but were still going to try…and didn’t waaah waaah).

IMG_8496IMG_8500IMG_8511IMG_8513

Lilly Mae’s was really good!  I will definitely get the catfish next time.  And then after we left, on the way home, there was a GORGEOUS winter sunset.  Maybe the most gorgeous one I have ever seen.

IMG_8530

This was the best I could do out the window of the car.  There were people stopped along the interstate, on the overpasses, etc, taking pictures of this sunset.  Truly remarkable.  I would have loved to be on the walking bridge in Chattanooga while this was happening!

No comments: