Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter 2011

038033036053021

Friday night (Good Friday), we went to dinner with some friends at Twix ~n~ Tween, this little BBQ diner in Centerville, AL. It was there that I experienced my very first taste of pure heaven, aka lemon meringue pie.  Oh my goodness.  And I usually don’t even like lemon-flavored things.  I can’t even describe how good this pie was.  I was determined to bake a lemon meringue pie, so I researched recipes on the internet and found one that looked pretty easy from allrecipes.com: Lemon Meringue Icebox Pie.

006004005007008009

030

028032

I’m not sure what happened.  I followed the directions perfectly.  I did add one more egg white & ~ 1/8 c sugar to the meringue, but otherwise, no changes. I made it before church, then put it in the refrigerator to chill. For some reason the lemon layer didn’t set. 

053058

It was absolutely disgusting.

059

Just kidding...the taste was actually really good – the lemon was perfectly tart & the meringue was light & fluffy.  I got a little heavy-handed with the yellow food coloring though, so it did look a bit like mustard pie.  Brent’s verdict:

“You know, this is actually much better than it looks.”

I’ll take it!

045

Here’s a picture of us on the way to church.  I’m smiling knowing that I don’t have to cook today…we decided to have lunch at Cracker Barrel.

048

And this is what the Easter Bunny brought us the pugs!

Happy Easter!  Here’s something funny:

Awkward Family Photos: Easter Edition

No comments: