Sunday, August 26, 2012

My First DIY Art

I have been focusing more of my time lately on our home. I have come to realize that a house is a work in progress, and I’m okay with knowing that there is no such thing is perfect.  My goal for our house is for it to be clean, comforting, pretty, simple and filled with meaningful items that we love. Again, it is a work in progress, and often I will notice something that totally bugs me that has never bothered me before or notice a blank wall or a space that looks either too empty or too cluttered. So this weekend, while Brent was out of town on business, I worked on several quick updates.

First:

146

We won this framed photograph a few years ago at  silent auction and it has been hanging in our hall ever since.  It’s okay, but a bit boring….no colors, nothing particularly eye-catching.  So, I decided to change it up.

IMG_3282

The color is not the best in the photo above, but still, I like it much better!  And the best thing is that it was free!!!  For the past several years, I have clipped stories, recipes and interesting/cute/pretty/inspiring/funny photos out of magazines, old books, etc.  I have folders and folders of clippings and weeded through them to make this collage.  I taped the clippings to the back side of the original photo and flipped the mat around to the backside. Voila!  I’m really excited about how it turned out!

More updates coming!

No comments: