One of my most favorite things (or more accurately, collection of things) is a shadow box that belonged to Jodie. I have had it forever and have not really known what to do with it. It definitely has sentimental value, and I absolutely love shadow boxes, but I was just unsure how to display it so that it didn’t look blah and cluttered.
Here is the before, with and without the items in it:
Not all of the items in the shadowbox were Jodie’s; some of the things were mine that I just put in there to fill some of the empty spaces & add some color. Regardless, I knew it had potential.
I sanded it, painted it, and added some background paper for interest and even painted some of the items. Here is the after:
I’m not entirely sure that the is the finished product, because I might change a few things. I am so happy with how it turned out! The lighting isn’t great and I think it looks even better in person.
My favorite figurine is the little owl perfume bottle on the next-to-last row. It still has perfume in it! It is crazy to imagine that she used to use that perfume. I spray-painted the yellow bell to the right of the perfume bottle AND the tiny pitcher on right above. I may also paint the other brass items.
Now I just need to decide where and how to hang it on the wall!
No comments:
Post a Comment