Sunday, November 25, 2012

An Anderson Thanksgiving Celebration

IMG_4278IMG_4279

Thanksgiving Dinner was great!  Unfortunately, I left the pumpkin rolls I carefully made and froze in the freezer at home. (Not going to lie; I almost cried when I realized that – we were already in Birmingham.)  The fried apple pies + ice cream and the 7 flavor pound cake were wonderful, though!  Everything was good!

IMG_4280

We had a special guest at dinner this year!  Actually, two.  This was Brian’s first Christmas with the Andersons and Halie also came to enjoy dinner with us.

Saturday was also a great day.  Brent spend the day with his parents & I spend the day with mine.  We started like this (midmorning nap):

IMG_4282

Enjoyed some of this:

IMG_4283IMG_4293IMG_4294

carrot cake roll & Cheddar’s!

And then hit up a few of these: 

IMG_4296

When we got back home, we began on the fruitcake cookies.  I will make a separate post with the recipe.

IMG_4304IMG_4307

On Sunday, we headed home relatively early, taking the scenic route across Lookout Mountain (well, we tried to).  We drove through Cloudland Canyon on the way & vowed to come back soon for some hiking.

IMG_4317

All in all, a very nice Thanksgiving!  We are so blessed!

No comments: