As of yesterday I am 23 weeks pregnant! Hard to believe it has gone by so fast! I feel really good (besides some mood swings) and have really increased the exercise (mostly walking New Girl in the neighborhood). My back has started hurting, but it feels more like my SI joint and not a disc.
On March 18 we attended our second childbirth class: “Caring for Your Infant.” It was really good and we both learned a lot. We also got to play with baby dolls.
We have also been working on the nursery a little bit more. Here is a bedding trial using items that a friend gave us + a quilt that Brent’s grandmother made (we need a fitted crib sheet):
We went ahead and ordered a separate quilt so we can mix & match & see what looks best. We also want to avoid actually using the quilt from Brent’s grandmother so we can keep it nice. All the “stuff” – bumpers, quilts, toys, etc – will have to come out when baby comes anyway.
Another big thing that has happened the past few weeks is that it has become spring!!! Daylight savings time is here & everything is in bloom! I love it.
Here are some other pics from the past two weeks:
Mostly hanging out with the pugs (watching movies), homemade pizza with Publix dough (THE BEST), hummus + pretzels at work and a car pic on the night we went to eat dinner at one of Brent’s coworker’s house. They are due on the same day we are and they have a 10 month old who is adorable! We got to hold him a little bit.
Some one also had a birthday on March 21:
Happy 31st!!!!
And some pics of the bump! I am getting bigger! I have felt like I look bad in my clothes, but recently I have started wearing maternity pants & it makes a HUGE difference. And it feels so much better than trying to squeeze into my regular pants. The scrub pants are regular (non-maternity), but I can wear them really low with a belly band. I bought some maternity leggings from Destination Maternity as well as some yoga/exercise pants – oh my goodness they are the MOST COMFORTABLE items of clothing I have ever owned. I could live in them every day.
Here is week 22 & week 23 (I usually take these first things in the morning; please excuse my morning face & hair). As of 23 weeks I have gain exactly 15 pounds, which is right on track.
Comparing week 4 to week 23:
Wow. And here are some of the outfits I have been wearing:
Week 24 is our next appointment!!
No comments:
Post a Comment