Sunday, March 02, 2014

20 Weeks: Halfway There!!!

I can’t believe that we are halfway through this pregnancy!  This was a pretty exciting week due to the scheduled anatomy scan.  Of course we found out at Babypalooza that it was probably a boy, but were really looking to this appointment as confirmation.

IMG_1137

Confirmed!

IMG_1219

Here are some other US pics (look at that arm!):

IMG_1139IMG_1152

Remember the very first ultrasound?

IMG_0416

It’s so amazing how much he has grown!!  All of the measurements they took were perfect.  He is right on track!  We also had some bloodwork to see if there were any detectable genetic abnormalities and that came back fine.  All of this is just too good to be true.  More pictures from the appointment (Brent does a great job capturing all of the important moments!):

IMG_1140IMG_1141IMG_1144IMG_1145IMG_1146IMG_1150

My OB was on call the day of our appointment and we had lots of down time as she got called away to deliver two separate times. But we were still very happy parents-to-be!

Other important things from this week include getting the guest room mostly finished!  What a relief!

IMG_1171IMG_1184

Brent worked so hard & did an AMAZING job!  Before and after below!  Feels so good to have this task behind us!

IMG_1187

Other highlights include pug pictures, baby gifts, Cadbury eggs and a long evening stroll on a warm, sunny Sunday afternoon (although I did manage to turn my ankle and fall down in the road Sad smile).  I can’t wait for Spring!!  Although it is supposed to be cold again this week, I can tell Spring is on the way!

IMG_1166IMG_1168IMG_1177IMG_1193IMG_1198IMG_1200IMG_1205IMG_1206IMG_1210

And now for the 20 week pictures!  Look at that gut! Maybe soon it will look like a real baby bump & not just chub!

IMG_1172IMG_1174

Weight gained: 8-10 lbs, depending on the day

Cravings: ice cream, chicken nuggets/strips

Aversions: grilled chicken & hot food in general – the thought of a full meal with meat, veggies & bread is just unappealing

Energy: pretty good, although I do get sleepy during the day at work

Sleep: wonderful & as much as possible – I have been falling asleep at night before 8 o’clock & sleeping at least until 5 a.m.

Exercise: went to the gym twice, long walk tonight, and plenty of housework – although I really need to make an effort to do formal exercise ~5 days per week

New things: As of Friday, I officially have to sleep on my side, and it is taking some getting used to. I would much rather sleep on my back or my belly.  It is also a little uncomfortable because Oscar insists on sleeping right up against me all night long. I know I will eventually be much more uncomfortable than I am now, so I’m trying not to complain.  Also, even though people keep telling me that I’m not obviously “showing,” clearly my belly is bigger and my face is rounder also – I have noticed that over the past two weeks.  This week, after we found out the sex (for sure), I posted the ultrasound picture on Facebook – so now the news is really out!

Also, I unfortunately still have that UTI – I had a get a shot and take another round of antibiotics last week and repeated the urine culture at the appointment this week.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it is gone.  I am so tired of the antibiotics.  This is crazy!

Maternity clothes: Kind of – I think any of the items I’m wearing below could be considered maternity because of the fit.  I am definitely getting bigger!

IMG_1133IMG_1134IMG_1154IMG_1156IMG_1202

IMG_1111[1]IMG_1114[1]

Finally, I must say that I am SO PROUD of Brent for being so supportive and involved and hard-working and encouraging and exciting!  He has worked so hard on the nursery & guest room, he encourages me to exercise, eat healthier, nap and just generally goes above and beyond every single day to make sure I am as comfortable and happy as possible.  He really is the best husband!

No comments: