So, according to Brent, I have a “thing.” Well, maybe. As in: “This may be your thing.”
Let me introduce you to this thing that may be my thing, at least according to Brent: the pumpkin roll. When I was in college, I had the good fortune to try this dessert at the pharmacy where I worked, straight from the refrigerator, which is absolutely how it should be enjoyed (contrary to what Brent will tell you -- he heats it in the microwave!). I had seen the dessert before, but had never thought that it looked particularly appealing, and it wasn’t until that particular day that I realized what I had been missing. However, the person who made said dessert was a professional caterer (who also did not believe in sharing her recipes), so I thought that making something like a pumpkin roll was way too complicated and over my head. Ha.
Two years ago, during the holiday season, I had a random craving for this dessert after not having seen or thought about it for years. I found a recipe in an old church cookbook and it didn’t seems too complicated, so I made it. I’m not going to put the recipe here on the blog, because I’m pretty sure there is only one way to make it, and the original recipe can be found right here. (I know the recipe says “intermediate level” but trust me on this one: if it’s supposedly “my thing,” it’s easy & anyone can do it.)
I actually tried to make a chocolate-chocolate roll (chocolate cake with chocolate cool whip icing) but it flopped hardcore and ended up in the trash. I’m planning on trying that one again soon. But for now, this one is easy and tasty and not too sweet but just sweet enough. And it’s perfect for the holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment