__________________________________________________________________
Update 9/8/11: Our back-dated tornado posts can be found on the date of April 30th, or you can click on the following links: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
_______________________________________________________________
Just thinking about the blog makes me overwhelmed.
I think this blog should be an accurate representation of our life & therefore, obviously, I must somehow blog about the tornado. I just don’t know what to write and I know that the pictures I have taken (not many) are truly inadequate to describe the things we have seen, the stories we have heard, & thing things we continue to see everyday. It is the strangest feeling in the world to be homesick for a town that you are living in.
We are so grateful that we were not “directly” impacted – our house is unharmed and neither of us lost anyone we love as a result of the storms. Most days we look around and feel such an overwhelming relief, realizing that our lives could have changed drastically. But still – working at the hospital and being in that hospital that night, and driving through the destruction every day, living without power for a week, and knowing people who were personally affected and lost everything, and just living in a town that is almost unrecognizable in the worst way possible is something that I really can’t explain with words. Or at least, it is a task that will take a LONG time.
So, I am going to try to keep updating the blog with pictures and recipes and pugs and silly stories and when I get my thoughts and pictures and stories together I will post about the thing that has really changed our lives this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment