Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekending: Tiki Torches & S’mores

It’s Memorial Day Weekend!  The unofficial start of the summer season!

Flags flying all along Veteran’s Memorial:

014

Brent went to Home Depot today & just like the commercials say, he became inspired.  Tiki torches!

026028034032

And then I made the best s’mores in the world.  Key ingredient: Biscoff spread.  This spread has the feel of peanut butter but tastes like Biscoff cookies (like graham crackers + sugar & butter) When my jar is completely out (tomorrow) I will not be replacing it, because 27 servings has lasted me all of 7 days.  Not. good.  I have eaten Biscoff spread sandwiches, toast, oatmeal, and straight out of the jar.  But nothing compares to Biscoff s’mores.

047

For each one, I used 1 graham cracker, 1 mini Hershey’s bar, 1 marshmallow, and a knife-full of Biscoff spread. We ate roasted hot dogs & s’mores & sat on the porch for hours listening to Pandora’s Randy Travis station.  Brent couldn’t believe I knew the words to all of the country songs!

088089099100117115

Looking forward to many, many more summer evenings just like this one!

No comments: