It is SO HOT.
West Alabama summer heat is like no other that I have experienced. Yes, I have been to hotter places (i.e., Mexico) and I know that other states in the US have it worse (i.e., Texas), but the combination of heat + humidity makes Alabama a pretty miserable place to be in the summer. And it looks like the heat is starting early this year. Friday night at 8 pm, it was 100 degrees. Today the high is a record-breaking 99. What a year for weather.
Luckily, our standard Saturday schedule is the same, no matter the weather.
7 – 11 am: Brent rides while I sleep/read/watch TV/surf the internet/be lazy
11 am – 12 pm: Los Calientes for lunch
12 pm – 1 pm: Sam’s (not kidding! Brent LOVES Sam’s for some reason!)
1 pm – 3 or 4 pm: around town; some of our favorite places include Target, the movies, TCBY, or just driving around
4 – 10 pm: at home; some of our favorite activities include movie watching, TV watching, internet, reading (me), napping (me), dinner outside, just general goofing off
So, yesterday, we went here:
Our movie viewing is directly proportional to the temperature. Yesterday I watched three (!) movies: Lost in Translation (I liked it but Brent told me later that “everyone knows that’s a terrible movie.”), Bridesmaids (at the Cobb), and The Private Lives of Pippa Lee.
And here are some pictures from around town today:
I’m really not sure what the intentions of this business are.
Just in case you are driving down the road and a desperate craving for crawfish hits….
This is/was Emerigcare, a walk-in doctor’s office.
Cottondale field
Clean-up continues on Fairmont Drive
A bird built a nest in our porch roof. And now she has had some baby birds!!! How cute!!!! Last night when Brent was letting the dogs out, they all peeped over the edge of the nest to watch!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment