I am doing a terrible job with the blog! I must do better! As of yesterday, I am 18 weeks pregnant! I really can’t believe it!!! Almost halfway there, assuming I go all the way to 40 weeks (which I hopefully do, of course!).
Highlights of the past 10 weeks:
- telling everyone – especially our families at Christmas
- Babypalooza & finding out that it is (probably!) a BOY
- receiving loads of baby stuff from Craigslist & very generous friends
- nesting & nursery planning in full swing!!
- purchasing our nursery furniture
(Left: right before the gender ultrasound at Babypalooza; Right: at our 2nd Dr. appt!)
The best:
After being profoundly exhausted for the first trimester, around 15 weeks my energy came back full force. In fact, I feel like I have MORE energy now than I did before. I am back to full effort in the gym and back to cooking most weeknights. Also, I have started sleeping like a baby again and getting some good rest (despite getting up 3-4 times per night for bathroom trips! - Brent graciously swapped sides of the bed with me so I am closer to the door!) My food aversions have all disappeared (as well as most cravings), but hunger has really ramped up – especially on days after I exercise really hard. One thing that is also good is my mood. In general, I am not a very excitable person. While I am peaceful and content and enjoy my life, I tend to have a bit of a negative/realistic outlook on most things and I overanalyze a good bit. Well, for the past month or so, I have been feeling happier & more excited than usual…..just have generally been in a good mood and have an easier time not dwelling on little things that irritate me.
(Getting lots of rest in my new pajamas! Love!)
The worst:
I have had plenty of typical pregnancy symptoms that I am not going to put on the blog (trust me, you don’t want to know), but they are recorded in the belly book Kourtney got me for Christmas so hopefully one day I will look back & laugh. I have had 4 rounds of antibiotics for a UTI (but it appears that has cleared up) and have been congested for months. I had a little cold in January and suffered through it for as long as I could before breaking down & taking some Sudafed (with the doctor’s okay). Also, this is not a very bad thing, but oh my goodness I am so emotional. I cry at least once a day reading something sappy or sentimental on Facebook. There was a time-lapse video on Facebook of a baby from conception to birth inside the mother’s body set to music and I cried like crazy. Kourtney has always been so much more sentimental than me; now I know how she feels (and seriously just writing this sentence and thinking of how Kourt used to cry over baby animals and dirty little kids on the schoolbus is giving me a lump in my throat). I’m ashamed to admit this, but the worst “symptom” is feeling like I look awful in my clothes. Oh! And I have always thought that “baby brain” was just a joke, but it is not! The best example of my absentmindedness would be that I completely and totally forgot Valentine’s Day this year. I also have had to start writing down everything that some one tells me to do, especially at work. After forgetting entire conversations with my boss and discussions during meetings, I have started to take detailed notes. I also have toothaches! Must go to dentist to make sure, but have read this is a common symptom due to gums swelling! One new symptom (as of this week) – feeling short of breath. Baby is getting bigger!
Looking forward to:
- putting the nursery together! I have a Pinterest board going and am about to do a post on what we have so far!
- having a pregnant belly! Right now I just look like I’ve put on some weight – I’m ready to really be “showing.”
- finding out FOR SURE the baby’s gender – less than two weeks!
- having the house ready!
- choosing a name!
- our childbirth classes, which start on Monday!!!
- MEETING Baby Freeman – I cannot wait!
- Introducing Baby Freeman to our families!
Stats:
- Number of Dr appts: 3!
- Total weight gained: 6 lbs (at 16 weeks)
- Maternity clothes: 1 belly band that I wear under tops, otherwise, not yet!
- Workouts: 2 weightlifting workouts per week + trying to be active on other days (but some days not accomplishing that). Wearing the Fitbit every day to track my steps!
- Cravings: for the past 2-3 weeks it has been fried rice (finally over the BBQ baked potatoes from Full Moon, much to Brent’s relief); also craving donuts but not eating them; was craving cereal & milk for 2-3 weeks before the fried rice but that has passed
(Milly tries out all of our baby stuff for us!)
Goals:
- Continue getting the house ready.
- Continue stockpiling groceries & baby supplies for maternity leave.
- Exercise 30 minutes per day.
- Eat more fruits & veggies.
- Get 10,000 steps per day.
Weekly Pictures!
The first pic in the purple shirt is 5 weeks (just for comparison).
Definitely getting bigger!!!! I think this week (18 weeks) there has been a huge difference.
Here are some pictures in nicer clothes, starting around week 5 also. (Of course I’m only posting the most flattering pictures. There are some that Brent took of me on the scale and sitting down at one of the Dr. appts that made me cry.) Since my regular clothes are baggy/roomy, I really haven’t had to buy maternity just yet – but it is coming!
More updates coming!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment