Sunday, February 16, 2014

Nursery–Getting Started!!!

The past two weeks have been super busy around here.  We have successfully essentially emptied the two spare bedrooms in preparation of painting them this weekend! After much debate, the “green room” (slightly smaller with only one window) will be the nursery & the “yellow room” will be a guest room - both rooms will now be the same color beige as our bedroom. 

We have donated loads of stuff, threw away tons of stuff, and moved nearly everything else out to the shed.  I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to my “vision.”  Here are a few things I am thinking:

  • Primary colors
  • A vintage theme
  • A gallery wall
  • Colorful accessories
  • Framed photos of Brent, Daddy, Arlis, and great-grandfathers

Here are a few things we have purchased so far:

The crib! (We got a GREAT deal at Target using the Red Card + a sale and purchased the matching dresser and glider to go with it.)

The rug*

*This is not the actual rug we purchased, but this is the idea.  I had one that I really liked at Target, but it was over $15o.  The one we found at WalMart was very similar but on sale for ~$60, then rang up for $49!  It is a little darker than what is pictured above and if it does not work, we will just use it in another room.

The light (Ikea)

I am so excited about this light fixture!  I saw it years ago on the internet and filed it away in my mind for a future nursery.  It was delivered just the other day!

Art:

IMG_1027

Just a few things!!!  Can’t wait until it starts coming together!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments: