Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Week in Pictures

008

Highlight of the week: the azaleas are coming out!

 026 029

097   101113

Can you even believe that our neighbor apologized that his azaleas are spilling over into our yard?  Seriously?  The azaleas are my very favorite thing about this house!

073093063   131 151 165 179

Yes, I am goofier than you might have realized.  This is me in the hairdresser’s chair with hair dye on my hair, discreetly taking a picture in the mirror.  Why?  Your guess is as good as mine!

The end result:

053

It is only hair, and obviously it is temporary.  I did it because I am so tired of highlights right now – it takes at least 4 hours to foil, it is expensive, and it is damaging.  My hair grows super fast, so it really needs to be touched up every 6 weeks + my scalp is so tender and foiling hurts really bad! Additionally, my hair is naturally dark (and has actually gotten darker in the past few years) and the amount of bleach that takes to lighten it is crazy.  So my hair is taking a break.  It feels and looks so much healthier.

The other night I went on a walk in the neighborhood.  I think our neighborhood is so gorgeous at this time of year!  Everyone is doing a great job with their yards!

184 187 188 196

My favorite thing about AL in the spring is the the out-of-control wisteria and azaleas – everywhere!  In our neighborhood there is an empty woodsy lot and the trees are absolutely covered with it – it reminds me of kudzu, except it is so beautiful!  I tried to grow some in the back yard, but it didn’t work.  I might try again this year.  Probably not though.  Ha!

191 

I have always loved magnolia trees.  Can’t believe now we have the biggest one I have ever seen in the back yard.  I love the blooms and the greenery.  (Kourtney, it would be a GREAT tree to climb!!  Oh my gosh!)

096 099

No comments: