Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekending: Around Town

This weekend we had one primary activity in mind: the annual plant sale at the UA Arboretum (obviously we can’t stay away from this place!).  We busted up on them shortly after the doors opened and perused the plants and asked numerous questions of the volunteers until finally some one came up to us and gently told us that they were just setting up; the sale didn’t begin until tomorrow.  Embarrassed, we put the plants we were carrying down and slunk off to the vehicle.  Ha!

So, with no plans, we just decided to drive around town.  I had the camera with me, of course.

This is Bryce Hospital and I might be a little fascinated with it.  I’m telling you, this place is gorgeous, and kind of looks like the scene of a Stephen King movie. What???  Taking pictures of mental institutions is TOTALLY NORMAL.

 005 007006  008 010 

Driving around on the country back roads is a Tennessee thing, and definitely a hard habit to break.  I miss the country!

012

Deerlick Park and Lake:

013 014   016027 

Hmmmm……why is it that I have so many pictures of Brent walking away from me?

018 019 020 022 030024  028 

Downtown:

006 005

There was some Droid love at Longhorn, naturally.   FYI: the grilled chicken and strawberry salad at Longhorn is 960 calories according to the website.  Ridiculous!!!!

034

Is it concerning to anyone else of the two people that read this blog that most of the pictures I have of Brent are of him walking away from me or engrossed with the Droid in my presence?   Is this indicative of my conversations skills? I must be terrible company.  Ha!

No comments: