Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Goodbye, Old Friend

Today officially kicked off what I have deemed “The Great Purge.”  I have major plans to redecorate the house beginning this summer (painting, repurposing, just general decoration – no renovations!).  But before I can even get started, we will have to sell, give, or trash some of our “stuff.”  We have accumulated so many things in the few years we have been in this house!

First, say goodbye to an old friend:

029

This is the vehicle Brent bought while we were dating and attending TWC.  It still has the original dealer’s tag.030

The “Exploder,” as Kourtney named it in a (characteristic) moment of pure brilliance, bit the dust last summer and has been sitting in our garage gathering dust and pollen since then. Brent wanted to give it to his parents, but honestly it would not have made it back up to Tennessee.   I think what really motivated Brent to get rid of it was not my incessant nagging (I’m sorry, honey!), but the the knowledge that this (abandoned) vehicle on the premises makes us ineligible to be foster parents in the state of Alabama.  Not that we are even planning on doing that at this time, but I just so happen to have come across that little tidbit of info and shared it with him rather pointedly a few weeks ago.  When nagging doesn’t work, try shame, right?! Ha!

city 034

The profane comment was written by a friend; the other comment by yours truly.  It was a little bit sad seeing the guy who bought it (for parts) back it down the driveway this afternoon.  This vehicle has seen us through some very happy and memorable years, including Brent’s debut into the world of triathlons.  $500 in the palm of Brent’s hand + the amusing thought of the guy driving the dust bomb through town hand softened the blow somewhat. 

040 041  033

Goodbye, Exploder!  We will miss you!

No comments: