I have been craving waffles for weeks now, so I finally bought some (the frozen kind) during the grocery shop with week. I haven’t made anything interesting or creative lately, so I decided to try to do something different with the waffles this morning. Here is what I came up with.
Waffles with PB Sauce + Fruit
To make the peanut butter “sauce,” heat ~ 1 tbsp of pb in the microwave for ~ 15 seconds, to get it soft + warm. Add 1 tbsp water and stir to make a paste. Microwave again for ~ 15 seconds. Add another approximate tablespoon of water and mix to a thick sauce consistency.
Layer toasted waffles, pb sauce, and a tiny bit of maple syrup (preferably 100% pure, obviously). You really don’t need much syrup because of the sweetness + consistency of the sauce. Add fresh fruit on top.
This was really, really good – very decadent! I loved the combination of pb + strawberries – in a way, it tasted like a caramel apple. I also liked the pb + syrup flavor combo. Will definitely be making this again.
No comments:
Post a Comment