The last day of vacation is always a little sad. On Saturday we drove back to Orlando and had the whole day to relax and just do whatever we wanted.
Brent and the others were interested in the college football games. I was interested in one thing:
It was GLORIOUS. SUCH a gorgeous day. And not miserably hot – pretty much perfect.
We decided to head to Downtown Disney with John & Amy for our last evening for dinner + shopping + strolling + photography.
Unfortunately, we didn’t realize that it was trick-or-treat night at DD. There were kids EVERYWHERE. I mean, you could barely walk. The restaurants were packed, the stores were packed, every square foot contained approximately 3 children, at least 1 of which, on average, was crying.
We ended up at the least child-friendly place (and therefore the place with the shortest wait), Fulton’s Crab House, which was good but SUPER EXPENSIVE. I cringed when I saw the menu and promptly ordered water to drink. It was maybe the most expensive place I have ever eaten and let me tell you I literally stuffed myself to ensure that I did not waste one crumb. I know the waiter thought I was totally country but I don’t care. We even asked for another serving of the complementary crab dip appetizer – not kidding – and she did bring it to us! My crab cakes were really, really good, but I am not sure that my mashed potatoes were worth $7.50!!!!! Needless to say, we didn’t buy any souvenirs.
We would like to have stayed longer at Downtown Disney, but the crowd was just ridiculous + we were pretty tired from the cumulative effects of late nights + all day activity. So we hopped in a cab, headed back to the hotel, changed into our PJs, and watched some more football and TV.
Good bye, Florida. We will miss you.
No comments:
Post a Comment