Nothing much for today, just the observation that it is really time-consuming to eat at home for every meal when using minimally-processed ingredients. We’re only on day #3, but I think this is like some sort of eat-at-home record for us. I just finished hand-washing the rest of a mile-high stack of dishes – the ones that wouldn’t fit into the dishwasher. Hopefully we will get more efficient at this whole cooking thing and stop dirtying up so many pots, pans, silverware & dishes. I was pretty proud of myself for today, though – I cooked breakfast & dinner & took lunch that I made yesterday. (Kourtney, don’t worry – we might take you to the farmer’s market with us, but we will definitely let you eat restaurant food this weekend.)
In related news, I have eaten three cartons of cremini mushrooms in three days. I don’t know where they are going. They are so good. Tonight Brent asked what I ate for supper & I said that I binged on mushrooms and broccoli. He said: “That' sounds like the most depressing binge I have ever heard of.” Oh, I could teach him a thing or two.
Another obsession…..
I am overwhelmed with the figs. They are like a ticking time bomb because I know that the countdown is on as soon as you pick them…every time I open the refrigerator door I am just reminded that they are sitting in there, rotting away. They are really supposed to be eaten within a day or two of picking, but we can’t eat them that fast. I don’t know why I keep picking gobs & gobs of them. It is an obsession. I can see the purple globes from the back porch and it drives me crazy until I can go out there an pick them. It really drives me crazy knowing that there are so many out of my reach, but again – I can’t use what I have; I definitely don’t need more. I did make something really fun tonight, hoping to use up a ton of the stash, but I only put a minor dent in it. I’ll put the pics + recipe on the bloggy tomorrow!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment