Friday, February 24, 2012

February Highlights

004003

Brent drinking (diet coke, obviously) out of a special German cup at a dinner party.

006

So lazy.

013

I have so many pictures just like this…what a calming scene to me!

014023024030031

Funny story – every other week, we have a lady that comes and cleans for a few hours on Friday morning.  We started doing this after we first got the house and I was working a lot more than I am now, including every other weekend. Even though I no longer have that schedule, we have just continued it because we really like the woman and it is just really nice to come home on some Friday afternoons to a clean house!

So, we have all of these rubber snakes that we got at Academy Sports on sale and try to hide them around the house and scare each other (and especially Kourtney). Well, when I had back surgery, I was there one morning when the lady came to clean and she asked me if we had been trying to scare her because she’ll occasionally find a snake here & there (we totally have NOT been trying to scare her), they’re just laying around.  But this past week, I put one in the pantry beside the trash can, knowing that she would see it when she took the trash out…..when I got home and opened the refrigerator, it was waiting for me!  Good one!

002004

“A burrito a day keeps the honeybadger away!”  Second favorite quote of the week!  My favorite quote of the week is “If you don’t have the beat you don’t have nothing.”  ha!  Said by a patient at work and faithfully documented in the computer by her nurse!

006007008009

Huge news!!!  Los Calientes, our FAVORITE Mexican restaurant that we thought had gone out of business, has moved to another location in Northport under a different name – Fernando’s. Yay!  The management is the same, waitstaff is the same, food is the same!!!  Hooray!

This is the winter of curly hair.  I haven’t straightened it in weeks now.  So much easier. And I think I’m looking just like my mother.  Sometimes I look in the mirror or look at a picture and it (I) am familiar to me – but not because I am looking at myself, but because I think I look like Mama. It is actually very strange – it is almost like I think “Oh, that girl looks like Mama.” And it is ME!  I really think I look just like her in this top picture! Please excuse the goofy expression.   I love the fact that the iPhone is my new mirror.

006049009iphone 017

Having a great February!!!

No comments: