Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Fever

005

It is officially spring!

Some highlights of the week:

004005

Yes, that is a rubber snake Brent BORROWED from his friend to try to scare Nancy, the lady who comes to clean every other week.

009

Above –> my work stash.

010012013

This is one of my favorite lines of poetry (Walt Whitman).

014015

Above: us on the way to see the Hunger Games Friday after work.  It was so good!  The only downside was my motion sickness and the headache.  Can’t wait for the next one!  The sunset was so pretty when we were coming out!

And speaking of the Hunger Games, I found this so funny:

006001002006007

Above:  Brent & Milly, a basil pesto chicken gyro from Taziki’s (it is one of my favorites!), sunset over the tornado track through Tuscaloosa – it is still barren, and us on the way to dinner tonight.

008

009

Tonight we went to Steamers, a seafood bar/restaurant that recently (re)opened near our house.  I love oysters and I was craving them!  They were all over the menu and I was so excited trying to decide between baked or steamed. The shrimp also looked good, so I ordered the shrimp + oysters combo platter…and it came out FRIED.  I was SO disappointed. I know it is borderline ludicrous to complain about perfectly good(restaurant!) food because there are lots of hungry people out there and it was my mistake for not verifying. It was still okay, but definitely not what I wanted.

Brent, on the other hand, ordered the low country boil.  He said it was good, but not as good as the Anderson version.  For some reason he peeled the shell + tail off of each shrimp.  I kept telling him it was the best part but he wouldn’t listen. :)

003

This was also the week of the saltine challenge.  Have you ever heard of it? If not, google it – or better yet, just try it.  The challenge is eating 5 saltines in 60 seconds – must be completely chewed & swallowed.  I can’t do it but Brent somehow managed to.  What a multi-talented man!

You should definitely try it!  And may the odds be ever in your favor!

No comments: