Friday, May 25, 2012

Dinner in Chattanooga

Since I knew that I would be off on Friday, the 25th, I made plans to drive up to Chattanooga, eat linner (lunch + dinner, the meal that happens at 3 pm in the afternoon) at Lily Mae’s (the best fried catfish & tartar sauce in the world), and meet Kourtney’s boyfriend (and loooongtime good friend), Brian.

It might sound crazy to drive all the way to Chattanooga to for dinner, but I think it is a great idea!  It is only about a 3.5 hour drive, which is totally doable in one day, even spur-of-the-moment. It also makes me feel like I’m not that far away from my family (I’m not!). Originally I was planning to drive up to Chattanooga, spend the night with Kourt, and drive back to Tuscaloosa the next morning, but then I was able to talk Brent into going at the last minute. Yay!  We left around noon to make it to Lily Mae’s for an early 4 pm dinner (3 pm our time!).

IMG_2096

IMG_2170IMG_2172

After Lily Mae’s, me, Brent, Kourtney & Brian went to Coolidge Park & the walking bridge.  I absolutely love this part of town.  I got engaged here, after all!  So many good memories.  I could totally see us living in Chattanooga one day.

IMG_2110IMG_2111IMG_2114IMG_2115

[It was about this time when a bird pooped on my head as I was walking down the bridge.  Nasty.  Why always me?!]

IMG_2117IMG_2120IMG_2121IMG_2119IMG_2122IMG_2129IMG_2130IMG_2131IMG_2133IMG_2134IMG_2167

Of course we stopped for ice cream before heading back across the bridge!

IMG_2136IMG_2140IMG_2141IMG_2168

Then we said goodbye and headed back home!

IMG_2150

We will have to do this more often!

No comments: