Tuesday’s goal: Stratosphere observation deck. I had been to Vegas twice before but had never been inside this famous Vegas landmark!
Yes, I took a picture of myself up on the deck. It was awkward. Everyone else was doing it too!! And just for the record, I do believe that even though the Stratosphere is higher, the Eiffel Tower has a better view, especially at night. Here are the links to those 2010 posts for comparison:
To get from Caesars Palace to the Stratosphere, I rode the monorail down the last stop on the strip, and it saved lots of time. However, the monorail station for the Stratosphere is on the street behind the Sahara, the casino that is now closed. It felt pretty unsafe there. There were lots of creepy people milling around. One man came up to me at the crosswalk and asked if I was an RN. I said “An RN?” He said “Yeah a registered nurse.” I’m not sure why the emphasis on registered – if you need a nurse so badly that you are asking strangers in downtown Las Vegas, do you really care if they are registered? Right after he walked off, a guy on a bicycle rode up right beside me and said “I bet everybody tries to talk to you because you’re so nice.” What?! So strange.
So, all of that to say that I did NOT go back to that monorail station & ended up just walking back to Cesar’s palace, taking pictures along the way.
Isn’t that the coolest mall?
When I got back to the room (after a long leisurely walk + lunch in the food court) this happened:
Yes. I washed my hair and then got in the super comfy bed to read & watch a movie. But I ended up pulling the shades, turning the lights & TV off and taking a long daytime nap while poor Brent slaved away at his conference.
No comments:
Post a Comment