Friday, July 27, 2012

Snapshots of the Ordinary Days: July

IMG_2998

IMG_2953IMG_2954IMG_2961IMG_3004IMG_3006IMG_3001IMG_3002IMG_3013

Watching the moon sun go down is so relaxing in the evenings & I’m enjoying it while I can.  Any day when the temp is < 95, the pool is a little chilly at night.  Not sure how much longer I will be able to comfortably enjoy these lazy evenings.

IMG_3016IMG_3009

This was SUCH a good lunch!  The taco meat was left over from supper and I added ~1/2 c brown rice, ~3/4 c taco meat, ~1 tbsp queso, ~1 tbsp sour cream, all stirred together and eaten with our favorite corn chips.

IMG_3020IMG_3021

My view in the morning when I go out with the dogs + the thriving dogwood.

IMG_3024

I can’t really take pictures or talk about work much on the blog, so this picture is a visual representation of this week.  I have two huge projects with rapidly approaching deadlines, one of which involves a presentation.  Things that are requiring lots of drafts & meetings & coordination with individuals from other departments. Eating lunch while working at my desk, etc.  And my hair is showing the effects of my allowing it to be curly for the majority of the past several months + chlorine +  humidity.  Needless to say, I’m a bit stressed at the moment.

IMG_3026IMG_3027

A Freeman Family tradition – the Thursday afternoon Farmer’s Market at the University!  Every Thursday we ride over together from work.  We usually end up getting some sweet potato biscuits from Chloe’s Cup, +/- a muffin (or two) for breakfast on Friday.  At least, breakfast on Friday is the intention – some of the biscuits usually end up as Thursday afternoon snacks!  This week at the market we bought & shared a cup of homemade strawberry ice cream as well as a cup of peach + blueberry bread pudding.  Both were fantastic!

IMG_3032

Today was a cloudy/rainy afternoon – the sky looked so pretty!

And I just had to document Brent making one of his concoctions: beet juice smoothies.  This is his new thing!  He’s obsessed with beets!

IMG_3034IMG_3036

I want to like them because I know they are so healthy, but oh my gosh they taste like dirt!

IMG_3037 

New Girl – who might have been more appropriately named “Lazy Girl” (or “Hateful Girl” depending on if you want to keep bringing up the fact that she bit a chunk out of Milly’s ear two weeks ago).  This dog wants to lay on the couch and sleep all day.  She is up on the couch before we leave and back up on the couch starting at about 6 pm until we have to force her to go to bed.  And once she is up there she has no interest in playing, going outside, or even eating.  So strange.  She eats about once a day in the evening.  We have to hide her food from the pugs because she is just so uninterested in it that she will let them have it.  Crazy!  But we love her & she fits it with us just fine!

No comments: