Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Welcome, springtime!!!

069

Finally, finally…..daylight savings time is back!!!!  Yay!!!  Hooray for an extra hour of sunlight!!

024007 027022

Other pictures from the past few weeks:

053 290 551 626 627

Brent’s a juicing fool!!!

Exhibit A:

Before:                                                      After:674 678 And this was my creation (warning: NOT for the faint of heart):

668 669 670

It contained:

  • spinach
  • almond milk
  • strawberries
  • wheatgrass
  • 2 beets
  • ginger root

It was okay.  Definitely not as bad as it looks.  WAY too much ginger – apparently a little ginger goes a LONG way. I was trying to drink it on the way to work (‘cause no way was I taking that in) and towards the end I got very hot and shaky.  Ha!  I left about 1/4 of it.  But let me tell you, I was not hungry again for a very very long time.

Yesterday I worked 2:30 – 11 pm, so Brent came home at lunch and I cooked for us:

688

This was really good!!!  Turkey meatballs + spaghetti, light Texas toast, and roasted kale.

Roasted kale is THE BEST! This is the second time I have made it. I coated it with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkled with salt + pepper. If you get it done enough it tastes and crunches just like a potato chip, hence the ketchup.  Honestly, this is worth trying – Brent really liked it.  After it turned out so well at lunch, I made another batch, enough to cover an entire baking sheet, and took it to work for supper, along with roasted rosemary asparagus + mushrooms, my other staple.  It is better straight off the baking sheet, but it was still good last night.

No comments: