Brrrrrr!!! So cold today!
Brent and I had a fantastic Wednesday! I was off and he took a PTO day. We planned another trip to B’ham to get his bike worked + lunch at Whole Foods. While he was getting the bike worked on, I went to the Homewood Shades Creek Greenway. Besides home, this is my favorite place in AL. I learned to run here and this trail literally helped me survive pharmacy school. It was really cold, but it felt so good to be back!
This is in the car right before I got out:
After the walk, there was a bit of a fiasco with me finding my way back to the little bike shop in Mountain Brook. I am just directionally challenged. I’m still not sure what happened. I’m sorry, Brent!
Lunch at Whole Foods was WONDERFUL, then we stopped by Costco again because we didn’t have our freezer bag with us last time. We left with a ton of frozen fruit, vegetables, and fish. It was snowing when we left the parking lot!
Caught in the act! Brent loves the Droid!
This afternoon, Brent fixed a great lemon-kiwi-grape slushy for us in the Vitamix:
It was very good! Very tart and refreshing. Will be especially great when the weather gets warmer!
Tonight was E-mealz Tilapia + rice.
The fish was sautéed in olive oil x 5 minutes on both sides, then sprinkled with lemon juice + 1 tbsp capers –> which I omitted from Brent’s and did not eat on mine. I had never tried them before tonight and I didn’t like them.
The rice was just a minute rice mix in a bag, and it was good, but very flavorful. I didn’t think it really went with the meal, even though it was good.
I also roasted mushrooms + asparagus, using the same recipe as before. So good – the rosemary really makes this dish. After it was finished, I sprinkled with nutritional yeast. Not sure I could really taste it, though.
Overall, very good!!
Now we’re watching American Idol and just hanging out. Back to work tomorrow, so it will be an early night tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment