Friday, July 16, 2010

Yummy Summer Blueberry Cake

I am loving all of the fresh summer fruit! This blueberry cake  is the best thing I have ever made in my entire life.  I cannot describe how good it is!  It was better than the peach cobbler!

037

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups fresh (or frozen) blueberries
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 box cake mix
  • 1/2 cup butter

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Pour blueberries (thawed if frozen) into the bottom of a baking dish, along with sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice.  Stir ingredients together.
  • Spread dry cake mix over fruit mixture.
  • Cut butter into small pieces and spread evenly across the top of the dessert.
  • Bake until top is golden brown, about 35-45 minutes.

046

It is ridiculous!

040

Top with a few scoops of vanilla ice cream…..

035

The cake mix hardens into this buttery, delicious, crunchy layer.  It is still crunchy days later, even after storing in the refrigerator.

038

I dare you to eat only one serving!

No comments: