Friday, November 08, 2013

It Finally Happened!

Most people did not know that Brent & I had been trying to get pregnant for several months.  And that’s all I am going to say about that – no need to rehash or give anyone details that they don’t want.  God is ALWAYS good and His timing is perfect, even if we do not understand.

I got the first positive pregnancy tests on a Sunday.  The lines were very, very faint, but they were there.  Of course I showed Brent first and then I texted Kourtney.  It was early and it was hard to believe.  After researching on the internet, I became less and less convinced that they were legitimate based on other ladies’ experiences with the Target brand.  What a bummer!  Brent seemed excited, but since I didn’t want to get his hopes up, I told him that this was very tentative & that we would have to test again in a few days.

Well, of course I couldn’t just nonchalantly wait “a few days,” so on the way to work in the morning, I stopped and got the pregnancy test that the internet said was the “gold standard” – First Response Early Result.  I was planning on taking it Tuesday, but just couldn’t wait, so I took it Monday morning at work. Based on all of my research, I was just convinced that it would not be positive……

IMG_9900

….but it was!!!  You may or may not be able to see the very, very faint line in the picture above.  Of course, I told Brent immediately.  It didn’t even cross my mind to keep it to myself and try to surprise him in a cute way.

For the next several days, there were more tests, all positive.  I just wanted to make sure, because it was so early.

As far as symptoms go, I really didn’t have any.  I would never have guessed that I was pregnant if I hadn’t taken the test.  However, for the first few days I was very, very tired – the Sunday I took the test I had actually taken a 4-hour nap, and had taken a 4-hour nap the day before.  I didn’t take any pictures that week, but here is one that is close as kind of a before.  (The picture that I am holding is a picture of me when Brent & I did Body for Life before the wedding – kind of a “goal” picture.)

IMG_9877

In the next week I went to the thrift store & bought two pregnancy books.  I also began researching on the internet.  All of this in-between naps, because I continued to be pretty tired. Otherwise, there were really no symptoms!  So the wait began……

No comments: