Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hiking Journal: Abram Falls

IMG_0304

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we headed up the Cades Cove for a quick hike.  I only needed 5 miles to get my 100 mile pin (!), so we chose Abram Falls.  We had already been once, and last time I thought it was SO HARD.  This time ~15 lbs lighter with a year of consistent weight-lifting and two more LeConte trips under my belt, it was much, much easier!  I will go so far to say that it was EASY – a beginner hike for sure!  If you read the post from the last time, I was griping because I had read on the internet that some one said it was easy and I did not agree.  Ha!  Also, this time there was much less traffic on the trail.

Pictures from the hike:

IMG_0364

IMG_0296IMG_0313IMG_0315IMG_0316IMG_0365IMG_0368IMG_0369

IMG_0311IMG_0366

IMG_0343

IMG_0372

IMG_0370

IMG_0348

After the hike, we drove through Cades Cove and back in to Gatlinburg, stopping at the Sugarlands visitor center on the way!  I got it!

IMG_0329

  Our next stop was one of our favorites…….

IMG_0331IMG_0332

….Best Italian!  We LOVE LOVE LOVE this place!  There is nothing in the WORLD like their garlic knots!

After eating, we did a little bit of shopping before heading back home.  Overall, an awesome hike!

No comments: