Week 6! For some reason, this felt like a “milestone” – 6 weeks seems so much more legitimate & real than 5 weeks! Ha ha! Feeling great! Some days I am bloated, but most of the time I just feel normal. I have had no nausea to speak of – EXCEPT when I take the prenatal vitamins on an empty stomach.
My major pregnancy symptom this week is CRAVINGS! In week 5, I mentioned that I had been craving steak patties from the cafeteria. Well, I began to get embarrassed. I was getting steak & sausage every single morning & eating it with eggs AND bacon from home! I share an office & it was embarrassing. So, I sent Brent on a mission – to find some steak patties so I could eat my massive greasy breakfast at home. He FINALLY found them at Sam’s – a pack of 10-12 frozen steak patties with 2 packets of sawmill gravy! SCORE! They are awesome. There were a few days when I had them for breakfast AND supper.
My other major craving is PICKLES. I know, so cliché! The past two weeks I think we went through about 2.5 jars. We like the Farmer’s Market pickles from Vlassic, but my favorite are the homemade pickles my coworker brings us. These have peppers & garlic and are WONDERFUL. I started eating pickles in the morning, pickles when I come home from work, and pickles in the evening. Occasionally I will take a sip of the juice straight from the jar. The only way I can restrain myself is remembering how much sodium is in the pickles and how bloated I am getting…..
Food aversions: none really, but I don’t care for anything sweet at all. It’s not like it would make me sick, I just don’t want it like I usually do. Yay! Also, this is not really a food aversion, but I just don’t feel like cooking. I am tired. Not exhausted, but tired when I get off work.
Headed home for Thanksgiving but will be keeping the secret to surprise everyone at Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment