Sunday, November 08, 2009

Lazy Sunday

This has been a restful weekend. Lots of naps, football, and reading. Brent is recovering from a week-long illness. He wasn’t really been motivated to do much, so neither was I. :) Neither was Milly.

026

Today I did make buffalo burgers for the first time (with actual buffalo meat, not buffalo seasoning). They turned out GREAT, actually.

061

Here is the recipe:

1 lb grass-fed ground buffalo meat

~ 1.5 tbsp Dale’s seasoning

1/2 tbsp parsley

1/2 tbsp cilantro

~ 1/8 c. chopped onion

1/2 tbsp minced garlic

Directions: Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Form 4 patties and grill (we used George Foreman). Top as desired.

For my topping I used mustard, ketchup, spinach, and a bit of hummus + salsa dip I made earlier. I served Alexia sweet potato fries + roasted asparagus on the side. This was an excellent and filling meal!

Tonight I am headed to work for the night shift 9 p.m. – 7 a.m. and will be off all day tomorrow. Hopefully will get to try some new cooking experiments!

053

Love November flowers!

059

No comments: