Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

Work was very, very slow in the ICUs today. Brent came at 11 and ate lunch with me at the hospital’s free Thanksgiving dinner. It was the first time I had ever tasted sweet potato casserole and it was so good!!! Like a dessert! I can’t believe I have been missing out on it all these years.

When I came home from work, Brent had been cooking up a storm. He prepared our entire Thanksgiving meal, which consisted of Heavenly Ham, Heavenly Ham’s cornbread dressing, green beans, squash, okra, mashed potatoes, and cheddar biscuits. We saved our pecan pie from lunch for dessert.

050

However, the star of the show was not the ham or even the veggies from Thelma’s garden, but…………

048

034

Brent’s very own biscuits made from scratch (not the cheddar biscuits mentioned above)!! Honestly, the were the best biscuits I have ever tasted – they were crunchy on the outside and had the consistency of cake on the inside. I’m not sure how he did it, but Brent-1, Christen-0. Last time I tried biscuits we ended up going to Cracker Barrel.

After our meal, I crashed on the couch for about 3 hours while Brent watched football. Sometimes it seems like the less I do, the more exhausted I am. Slow days at work just make me really, really sleepy for some reason. We had talked about going to see a movie or even going for a walk, but Brent was legitimately tired after all of the cooking and we just decided to stay in. When I woke up, he had even cleaned the entire kitchen, which I said I would do……what a man!

Tomorrow is Halfway Thanksgiving! Can’t wait!

No comments: