Sunday, November 29, 2009

SPECTACULAR Sunday Anyway

Usually our Sundays are very lazy and relaxing, but not today! This morning I decided that it was the day to decorate for Christmas, so I started early and worked allllll day long. I still have so much to do, like the door and the mailbox and the little miscellaneous Christmas picture frames and things like that. I also bought some flower kits that need planting and I bought the supplies to make some more wreaths, maybe as gifts. Plus I have to finish all of the shopping and wrapping. It really is a lot of work, actually, and I’m getting tired just thinking about it. Ha! I’m glad I got the bulk of it finished today so I have at least a month to enjoy it.

This year I decided to do a garland framing the dining room entryway. It was much more work than I imagined. I strung the lights and attached the ornaments myself, because it was just so much cheaper than a pre-lit/made garland (probably at least half the price). But we think it looks pretty good, and it makes the entire house look more Christmas-y.

016 018

The tree-topper is new and I’m not exactly sure Brent likes it. He just keeps looking at it but will not comment. I saw the fleur de lis crown at Barton’s on one of their trees and loved it. I bought the flowers at Michael’s.

028 036

Here you can see the garland and one of my favorite ornaments from Mammaw’s tree. I have about 5 of these wooden ornaments from her tree and I see entire sets of them in the stores for so cheap but I would not take any anything for mine! Today I noticed that one one of them (a little snowman) was missing the gold string and there was a piece of white thread tied around it to hang it from the tree. I can’t believe I have never noticed this before. It is such a little insignificant thing, but this makes the ornament all the more precious to me. I miss her so much and cannot believe it has been 5 years. Christmas is just not the same without her.

020 021

034

032

072

057

Sleepy pug….

076

Stink-eye pug……

055062

Silly pug….Milly loves her toys.

Tonight…..booooooooooo!!!!!! We had tickets ($$$) to the Rockettes’ Christmas Spectacular in Birmingham and got stuck in traffic for over an hour on the way there. We even left so early and ended up missing it. I’m not sure what happened. We just had to turn around and come back after they were diverting everyone off the interstate. It really makes me sick to have wasted the money on the tickets, but really it is just one of those things. I also actually took today off of work in order to go. :(

Traffic:

086

And disappointment/general goofiness:

083 084

We were all dressed up too….waaah waaah.

Maybe next year!

No comments: