Sunday, February 28, 2010

Breaking the Fast

Oh, my.

002

Best toast EVER?

(I almost said “best BREAKFAST ever” but honestly, is anything better than my oatmeal?  The oatmeal that Brent keeps begging me to make every morning?  I finally feel like a real wife!)

I was so hungry and excited just thinking about this toast that I actually popped the bread (Big Sky Bread) up from the toaster prematurely…..twice.  Just to see if it was finished yet.  Sad, I know.

When it was (finally) finished I spread ~ 1 tbsp of Skippy Natural peanut butter + ~1/2 tbsp coconut butter, then sprinkled with chia seeds. 

010

Meant to be together!

008

This is the coconut butter I got yesterday at Whole Foods.  It is very calorie dense + $$$$, but a little goes a long way.  And it is absolutely delicious.  This morning I melted it too much.  It is a solid in the jar and must be melted to spread.  Instead of spreadable, I made it very liquid-y.  Still good, though.

003

Breakfast has become my very favorite meal of the day!

No comments: