As promised: my very first edible peach cobbler. Actually, my first cobbler, period. It was worth the wait.
I used Paula Deen’s recipe and followed it perfectly, down to the last detail. Beautiful! The crust was PERFECT. Not too cakey, not too dense. The peaches were sweet but not too sweet. And it was so simple. We loved it!
Ingredients:
- 4 c. fresh peaches, peeled & sliced (I used GA peaches.)
- 2 c. sugar, divided in half
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 stick butter (I used salted, and I’m not sure it matters, but many, many other peach cobbler recipes I saw called for unsalted butter.)
- 1 & 1/2 c. self-rising flour –> very important! ha!
- 1 & 1/2 c. milk (I used vanilla almond milk.)
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place stick of butter in 3 quart baking dish and put in oven to melt.
- Combine peaches, water, and 1 c sugar in a saucepan, mixing well. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour (again: self-rising!), 1 c sugar, and milk in a mixing bowl. Stir well.
- When butter is melted, pour batter mixture over butter. DO NOT STIR!
- Spoon fruit over batter mixture, then gently pour syrup on top. DO NOT STIR! Batter will rise to top during baking.
Warning: it will smell so good when you pull it out of the oven that you will want to just grab a big spoon and pull up a kitchen chair to the stove and dig right in. Just don’t burn your mouth!
Technically, ice cream is optional, but highly recommended! We love Breyer’s All Natural extra creamy vanilla. You might want to use a little bit less than I did!
Also recommended -- a good little sous chef:
or two….
Today is the hottest day of the year! Right now, at 6 p.m., it is 95 F with a heat index of 105!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment