Friday, June 11, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

 

098

Today I made an overdue and successful trip to the ol’ thrift store.  It was packed, as usual.

My finds:

Skirts – actually only 4 are pictured here, but there are 2 more, including a Susan Bristol with the tags still on.  All of these skirts are brand-name and in like-new condition.

139 143 144 146

Books – of course! I know I said I was not going to buy any more, but when I actually get around discount books I lose control.  I’m like an addict.  Must. have. books.  Interestingly, a woman actually stopped me in the store to rave about The Shack – and I mean RAVE. She practically hyperventilated while telling me that she took notes on the book and had to remind herself several times that “It’s only fiction.”  You know that panicked excitement that is borderline obsessive?….she had that going on for sure. So, that one comes emphatically recommended.  I have also read excellent reviews of Gilead and I believe I have seen the movie version of The Weight of Water, which was really good.  I have never heard of Shell Seekers, but the cover says: “Month after month an unforgettable New York Times best-seller.”

094

Empty picture frame and cute folk-ish art that is professionally matted and framed:

104095   137099 

Yellowbox flip flops in GREAT condition for only $1.48.  I was so excited.  And what about the little oval painting?  I think it is cute.  I’m sure Brent will hate it and I will probably not be able to find anywhere to hang it, but at 39 cents (!), I am willing to take that risk.

And I did not buy these books, but I thought the titles were so funny – I just had to take a picture.  (Love that I can now take and send pics with my new phone!)

007

“Repress your anger, think negatively, be a good blamer, and throttle your inner child…..”  Sounds like a winner.  I think it is funny that some one donated the last self-help book they’ll ever need to the thrift store  instead of  keeping it  on hand for future reference.  Is it that good or that bad?

006

And look at the title on this one.  Ouch.

Was a very successful trip!

No comments: