Friday, June 25, 2010

Tennessee Recap 2010

Oh, Tennessee, how I have missed you.

280

How could I not?

Don’t get me wrong: I love Alabama.  I do.  After all, this is where Brent and I have lived our entire married life together. It’s beautiful here also and it is certainly not like Tuscaloosa is a major metropolitan area. I will be the first to admit that I love, and take full advantage of, living 10 minutes from work, 5 minutes from Target, and in the delivery zone for Pizza Hut & Dominos.  Priorities, right? But still, there is just something about the country and the mountains, the small town and the lack of distractions that I miss. It has been good for me to live away and become more independent but sometimes I see this and think: why did I ever want to leave so badly?

421

Friday and Saturday we had a great time in Tellico with the Freeman clan.  I honestly could not ask for better in-laws.  They truly feel just like my own family.

Highlights:

027033Oz – the best dog in the world, perhaps?  So sweet.

Bald River Falls:

043

View of the mountains from Buck Bald:068

Tellico Beach Drive-In:  best hot dogs and milkshakes!!

049

We stopped at this little shop for some homemade blackberry & strawberry ice cream and got a little more than we bargained for with lots of scary gossip/legend about the area.

064104131086090128138(Wish I could, but I can’t take credit for this one above.  That was all Brent!)

Towee Falls Baptist Church (Brent’s home church):149

Freeman home, where Brent grew up. I LOVE how gorgeous the stone shows up in this picture.  It really is a beautiful house.154

183Woody:195 191 Taken with my sweet new Droid Incredible: 028 169

Just look at the color of the field in this one and the pattern where the hay has been mowed!  And the red barn over the hill (I’m obsessed with barns, apparently)!  And the blue mountains in the background.196 201 198Love the old red barns.

By looking at my pictures from home this time, I have realized that there were some major overarching themes to the visit:

  • barns
  • dogs
  • flowers
  • fields

I also have realized that I’m going to have to break this recap up in to more than one part.  Too many pictures to post!

No comments: