Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summertime in the Country

It has been too long, but I’m finally posting more pictures from our trip to Tennessee.  Here are the others, most of which were taken in Tellico:

And some from my family’s home:  

The traditional Anderson shrimp boil, held this year at my grandparent’s old house:207 211210  Mammaw’s drapes216 229 241 248 251  254 255 256 260 264 268 278  289 291 294 296 298 302 305 308 309 313 314 317 336  352 355 358 361 382 408 440 446

As I look back over these pictures, I think its funny how a whole life is made up of seemingly unimportant details.  But aren’t the familiar things – even the ridiculously mundane things -- that we’ve known for our whole lives the foundation for seeing everything else in the world?  Don’t the familiar things make us who we are?  And while I love – absolutely love – going new places and seeing different sights – home is probably the most beautiful place to be, whether I am in Alabama or Tennessee.  I honestly don’t know if I would feel this way if I had lived in one place for my entire life.

Oh, and there are many, many more pictures!  Stay tuned!

No comments: