Rafting was SO FUN! We loved it and cannot wait to go back!
Bowater crew
Me and Brent were apparently so excited that we got there an entire hour and a half early. We were definitely ready to get the party started, but first we had to get some coffee because #1 we woke up at the crack of dawn, and #2, it was 53 degrees. Daddy pointed out a very interesting fact: the southeast has experienced unprecedented and nearly unbearable heat + humidity this summer. But let Janice Anderson sign up to go rafting and the temperature plummets to 53 degrees.
Anderson/Freeman crew + Amanda – so glad she came with us!
Action shot: love Kourtney in this one!
Floating down the river, nose up, toes up!
The rapids say: “BOOM! ROASTED!”
Daddy’s never one to pass up a good photo op! Is he smiling for the camera or thinking about the pasta salad?
(Be honest - does my forehead really come to a point like that in real life?)
Kourtney + Amanda
Brent (AKA “The Aloe-gator”) applying his sunscreen as Daddy stares wistfully into the distance. He wants to be the guide….
Loved these ledges! They were so fun!
Toes up! The infamous water shoes.
In front of the dam -- I mean, dang! Ooops! Sorry Mama! Have I been good?
The last part of the ride at the powerhouse
What’s Brent doing in this photo? No one can be sure, but at least he has his hand on the t-grip!
Stan (our river guide) said: “Sometimes you watch the show, sometimes you are the show.” Well, obviously Stan has never met the Anderson family….we are always the show. I mean, who has ever seen a grown man prance so elegantly in aquatic shoes? Who has ever heard some one make the following comment in mixed company: “Hmmmm….that pasta salad stays with you…..I’ve been belching it all day!” ?? Who has ever seen a grown woman repeatedly insist on wearing her helmet backwards? And please tell me: who has ever known some one to ask others if they thought her white shorts would get urine stains when she used the bathroom in the river?!?!?!
Nice.
In fact, now that I think about it, I do believe that me and Amanda are the only ones who didn’t do anything humiliating. Hopefully she’ll come to the next outing – I need another sane and self-controlled person around!
BOOM! ROASTED!
I will leave you with one photo.
Let’s take our attention off of Mama in this photo and the ghost she has obviously spotted to her right. Let’s also ignore the fact that Stan is really the only one actually paddling. Look at Brent, who incidentally looks as if he has been photoshopped in to the picture, and tell me who he reminds you of. (Not Casper or one of the Cullens.) Must give credit to Kourtney for pointing out Brent’s uncanny resemblance to Pinocchio.
“I’m a real boy!”
BOOM! ROASTED! Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment