It was a long day, but somehow I managed to fumble my way (as usual) to the airport and across the country to Sin City. The ride out was excruciatingly boring, but fairly uneventful. I actually got off the airport shuttle several blocks early because the driver was driving like a lunatic and I was carsick + kind of scared for my life.
Otherwise, I’m totally out of place here with my long pants + sweater jackets + general modesty. This city is like a melting pot of humanity. There are women who look like supermodels walking down the street, followed by old couples with fanny packs + socks & sandals. Everyone, it seems, has a camera, so obviously I feel right at home in that regard. This is actually my second time here; can you even believe that last time (about 2 years ago) I didn’t even take any pictures?!
Las Vegas is spectacular at night. I walked all the way from the hotel almost to the Stratosphere (tall things look closer than they actually are), but when I got close, the streets got really deserted and I was scared, so I turned around. Probably a good thing, because I have an early morning tomorrow.
I was so proud of myself for my minimalist packing and the fact that I didn’t have to check a bag. However, the downside is that I forgot my underwear, toothbrush, and something to sleep in.
No comments:
Post a Comment