Add Shrimp & Grits to the list of foods I now love that I had never eaten before moving to Alabama. And add Carmelo’s Southern Kitchen to the top of the list of best restaurants in Tuscaloosa. We ate there last night and were the only ones in the tiny downtown restaurant, but oh. my. goodness. It was fantastic. I had country fried steak + gravy, grilled corn with dill butter, and FGT (fried green tomatoes). Brent had shrimp & grits that looked (and tasted!) so good that I had to get them at Wintzell’s today for lunch. Sooooo good. I love everything about southern seafood.
In other news, I believe I’m starting to beat the horrible nasty cold I have had for the past week. Blah blah blah. I’ve been in a cough-syrup-induced brain haze for the past several days. It’s really all just been a blur.
We are now three days into fall, so on our grocery shopping today, I just couldn’t resist:
This is pumpkin (obviously, and I actually picked it up last week), butternut squash, acorn squash, kabocha squash, and gingerbread loaf. Yes, gingerbread. I couldn’t help myself.
Plus fresh basil.
Now I just need to figure out what to do with all of it! I have some ideas and they will probably end up on the bloggy in the very near future!
More evidence of fall:
Now if the weather will only cooperate!
No comments:
Post a Comment