Wednesday, June 15, 2011

He Said/She Said: Baby Bird Edition

 

019

Brent: I think your baby birds are dead.

Christen: What?!?!

Brent: Yeah, there are some cats that have been hanging around the front porch lately….

Christen: What?!? No!

Brent: You said you hadn’t seen the birds lately, right……?

Christen: No!  There’s no way the cats could climb up and reach that nest!!!

Brent: When birds are learning to fly, they aren’t good at first. If a cat was hanging around waiting, it could certainly catch one.

Christen: Brent!! Really?! I think they just grew up and flew off!  Why would you say that?!

Brent (throwing hands up in air): I’m just saying….

***several hours pass ***

Christen (obviously still dwelling on it): Well, I decided you are wrong about the birds. Because if the cats got them, there would be feathers in the yard!  I went out and looked and I never found one feather laying around!

Brent: Oh, those birds were tiny….a cat could just gobble them up whole.

Wah wah wah…..

No comments: