We had been talking about going to Gadsden Riverfest for several weeks to hear Randy Travis (Brent’s favorite) in concert, but after a major work mishap that involved me forgetting I had swapped with a coworker & agreed to work this weekend, I got home around 4, just assuming we weren’t going to try to make it. But Brent (with his newfound love for live music, thanks to me & James Taylor) was able to persuade me to go anyway. (Nerd alert: I LOVE small-town summer festivals! See this post on Mule Day 2010.)
Brent looks so cute in this picture! I don’t. At all.
When we first got there, Bo Bice was on stage. Brent claims he can’t stand Bo, but last night we both really enjoyed his performance. I usually don’t like long series of songs that I don’t know (esp country), but all of the songs he sang were really good. And he finished up with his (surprisingly really good) version of “Sweet Home Alabama” which is always awesome & appropriate down here.
Really bad picture quality, I know.
So, after Bo, there were fireworks! Yay!
And then, Randy Travis! He was great! We sang along to the songs we knew (Brent knew almost all) & Brent even scolded a (rude) grandmother for standing up in front of us, talking. ha!
Not ashamed (you can see the grandmother that got in trouble in the background! hahahahaha!)!
And there were some more (failed) attempts at self-photos:
And when it was all over, we loaded up our new t-shirts & CD’s & headed back to Tuscaloosa, singing Randy Travis the entire way.
No comments:
Post a Comment