Sunday, June 19, 2011

Meet Lulu

036

Let me to introduce you to the newest member of our family….Lulu.  She is my birthday present this year.  She is yet another attempt to find a bicycle that I actually like to ride.  I am not getting rid of my road bike….Lulu is just another lower-maintenance option.  She is more comfortable & I can ride her around the neighborhood and I don’t have to worry about gears (she has gears but just a dial on one handlebar) and clip-in shoes & pedals, etc.

I have been talking about getting a cruiser for about two years…since I rented one in Orange Beach and LOVED it.  Here I am with that one:

029283298310

I rode from our condo all the way to the Flora-Bama, which include going over a huge bridge/hill.  But it was so fun!  We rode bicycles so much during that vacation and had a blast.

So, tonight I took Lulu to the VA.  I have been riding her a little bit up & down Fairmont Drive (careful to avoid hills, of course), but this was our first real ride.

003005

It was about 7 o’clock, but still pretty hot.

007

You can see Brent airing up the tires while I take pictures of myself. It is obviously who is the mature, responsible one.

009

Red light pictures!

012013014015

The VA is a great place exercise…it is so peaceful & calm here.

017018021

This is me when I got to the top of a hill -- I fully expected to have to get off & push, but I made it!

023033

025

And then I played on the playground while I waited for Brent to come & get me.

038

What a perfect summer Sunday evening!

No comments: