The second river exploration for the Anderson family in Fall 2010 was a fall foliage cruise aboard the Southern Belle.
Basically, this photo is too funny for words. In fact, I am still thinking about sending it in to the “Awkward Family Photos” website. Aunt Barbara looks scared….can you blame her? Only I’m not sure what (or who) she is scared of….Mama with her “mental-patient eyes?” (If you stare into her eyes, the left one begins to glow red a little bit, I swear!!) Or could she be scared of Daddy with his suspiciously absent hands? It looks like he and Amanda might break off and form a congo line at any moment. Perhaps this is also why Kourtney looks like she might be about to make a mad dash for the exit at any moment. And why did I obviously ask my hairdresser to get my hair color as close to my skin color as possible? Amanda’s the only one who looks like a normal person in this photo. Just give her a few more Anderson outings and we’ll see how normal she is……
Let the fun begin.
And I’m sorry Kourtney, but for the integrity of the blog I must report that it was shortly after this picture was taken that I was mistaken for the younger sister. Just sayin’ is all.
This was originally supposed to be a photo of Daddy talking with his Aunt Barbara, but you will notice that it became something very different. I will say this about my mother: she is what the folks over at Photobomb would call a “photojacker.” She refuses to blend into the background. No one puts Mama in a corner. Candid? What does that mean?
Then there was bingo, which just happens to be my specialty. Just kidding. I have actually never won a game of bingo in my life until this day.
Not flipping a bird, just crossing her fingers!
Daddy says: “No more biscuits? Wah wah. Oh well, fruit will do!”
I dedicate my bingo win to the woman who, at an early age,engrained in me the motto that I vow never to forget again: “the blonder, the better!”
Nope, I didn’t do Fattybooth on my face in this picture. Why do you ask?
And then……Daddy and I toured the Nina & the Pinta (replicas, of course!).
These boats were unbelievable! Tiny! I cannot even imagine setting sail around the world in one of these things! And we also learned that most of the (original) crew was between 14 & 18 years of age. Of course, in 1492 teenagers were more adult than they are these days, but still!!!
And just when I thought the day couldn’t get any better, I was introduced to the strawberry shortcake at Souper Salad. Bingo!
The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment