Friday, October 08, 2010

Hiking on a Friday

Today I am off because I work the weekend and Brent decided to take a PTO day.  Woop woop!

So, we went hiking.

196

055 054

198

Lake Lurleen is an Alabama State Park located in Coker, right outside of Northport, which is right outside of Tuscaloosa.  It takes about 25 minutes to get there, 30 if you stop for Diet Dr. Pepper, Pop Tarts, bubble gum & Blow Pops on the way. 

No, we didn’t have any children with us, why do you ask?

Anyway, the best thing about Lake Lurleen is that it is fall there.

139

We hiked around the lake for two miles and even saw 2 deer!

100 057 058 060 061 067 073 089

075 080 083 

After two miles on the trail, we finally reached the dam, where we saw the following sign.  (FYI: we were parked at the South Trail Head.)

156

So….we obviously turned around and just headed back where we came from.  Oddly, it didn’t seem like we were going downhill on the way to the dam, but it was certainly more difficult on the way back.

I tried to limit the pictures of leaves and nuts for Kourtney, because I love her.  You didn’t say anything about flowers, ha!

187 115 122 127 137 152 155 165 167 172 181 183

107

I will leave you with a display of pure and unadulterated LOVE.

brent & the droid

No comments: