Sunshine + football + lobster + a gorgeous sunset = one perfect fall Saturday!
Unbelievably, I slept until 11:11 a.m. this morning! I haven’t slept that long in…..I just cannot remember when! I didn’t even go to bed that late…I had at least 12 hours of sleep last night! ?????
Fairmont Drive
Orange slush (aka peach daiquiri) while watching the Big Orange lose a heartbreaking game against LSU. Tennessee deserved the win!
Poor Brent has a terrible sinus infection. Not that it stopped him from going on the group bike ride this morning. But one of the many numerous medications he’s taking is giving him the hiccups…he has had them all.day.long. Poor guy.
There must have been a bird fight in the backyard, cause there are feathers all over the place.
Yes, that’s Cesar on her little pug nose. Bless it.
Game day in Tuscaloosa means that the whole town becomes a party/celebration/amusement park. Case in point: Bruno’s was having a cookout and offering rides on this amusing and somewhat sketchy little train. The radio station was also there, and in the background speakers were blaring old Alabama games. It was a little bizarre. This town loves the Tide.
This is the University Mall parking lot. It becomes an RV park on game day weekends. Many of these people have been camping out here since Thursday night.
Lobster is my favorite food ever, but it is just so expensive! So it totally made my day when I saw that this guy was half price at Bruno’s today. Score!!! It was my first time dealing with a whole lobster, so I had to do a bit of research on the internet. Apparently, the bright red color means that he was already fully cooked, so I steamed him in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes, cracked him open, spewed green guts all over the kitchen counter, cleaned it up, scraped out the meat and made a Cajun garlic butter sauce. It was a lot of work, but worth it!
If I had thought about it I would have made a lobster roll! When I was in Kennebunkport, Maine, 2 years ago on a cruise with my friend Elizabeth, we got lobster rolls & whoopie pies at this roadside stand. We were told that you just cannot visit Maine without having these things. Well, I still dream about that lobster roll. It was hands-down the best thing I have ever eaten. It was just a toasted, buttered roll with mayo and a huge stack of steamed lobster in the middle. I have been craving one ever since.
Actually I was eating said lobster roll when I took this picture:
I really need to go back any put some of my old pictures on the blog, with the stories, so I don’t forget!
Back to Tuscaloosa:
Tonight we went to check out North Ridge Fitness, which is probably the nicest gym in the area but it is in Northport so we have never been. It is only about 5 minutes from the hospital and 10 minutes from the house, but we have become such city people now that it feels like it is so far away. There was the most beautiful sunset, which I didn’t get to see directly, but the whole sky was lit up this orangey-yellow color.
I know it is impossible to read the sign in this picture, but basically it said that the gym was closing early for the ballgame today…obviously! What did we expect?
These next two pictures are an attempt to show the traffic/congestion at the University, but it was kind of dark.
Now, just relaxing and getting ready to call it a night!
No comments:
Post a Comment