Monday, October 04, 2010

Monday Evening Ride

I say: When cycling, the only thing worse than having a headwind on the way out is having a crosswind on the way out.

Brent says: Who are you?

045 033

Tonight we went on a nice little bike ride out Sanders Ferry, our favorite route the only route I can ride because it has no hills.  There was what felt like a headwind on the way out and I didn’t realize until we were on the way back that it was a crosswind.  It was actually worse on the way back, in my opinion.  But I don’t like to complain, you know?  Yeah right.  This was an actual conversation during the ride tonight:

Me: GOSH!!!

Brent: What?!

Me: This SUCKS (sorry, Mama!) SOOOOOOOOOOO BAD, but I’m trying not to complain!

Brent: Hmmmmm, looks like you are going to have to try harder…..

Honestly though, I can’t help it that I got a toe cramp as soon as I clipped in tonight, or that it was windy the whole way, or that three other bikers got up behind me and scared me.  It makes me feel better to express my frustration rather than letting it build up inside me.

On a positive note, we did see some “wildlife” tonight:

039 037 038

And the weather (aside from the wind) was really nice…cool, but not cold.  Just about perfect, temperature-wise.

  034 035

I’m so mature.

036 041 044 046

While Brent stretches, I sit in the Explorer and take pictures of myself & my Brent’s supercool striped socks that he lets me wear.  What?!  Stretching is for wimps.  Ha!  Just kidding, sweetie!

047

062

Look at my hair!  What does it remind you of?

cameron_diaz_something_about_mary

Ha!

032

061

When we came home I had a mahi-mahi burger + sweet potato fries & a Yoo-Hoo.  It wasn’t 5 Guys, but it was okay.

Until next time…..

No comments: