Sunday, October 03, 2010

Weekending: Home Alone

Today Brent went to watch a football game in ATL with some friends.  This left me….home alone.

Insanity & general goofiness ensued.

009

There were self-portraits, scary movies with the lights turned off,  numerous obscure YouTube videos (i.e., try Tom Tom Club’s “Genius of Love” and old Fleetwood Mac & Queen concerts), and later, Grooveshark blaring Tom Petty, Boston, and the Wallflowers while I was cleaning up the kitchen & folding clothes.  There may or may not have been a pizza delivery.

005

Don’t ask.  Clearly, I am out of control.

Then this happened:

028

Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins, and let me tell you, they are disgusting.  Just absolutely revolting.

030

Obviously I am joking.  In fact, these muffins inspired the worst pug fight known in the Freeman household.  Oscar and Milly are still eyeing each other nervously.

065 041  048

I highly recommend that you make these muffins ASAP.  I used the recipe on the side of the Pillsbury Pumpkin Quick Bread box.  You just need that mix, a block of cream cheese, 2 eggs, 2 tbsp of vegetable oil, and 3 tbsp butter.  They are WONDERFUL and taste exactly like fall.

The pumpkin seeds were my idea, and it was a good idea.  I subbed them for chopped pecans and they toasted and worked so well! 

052

These muffins are definitely going into my bakery one day!

No comments: