Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloversary!

One year ago today, I published this blog post to the Freeman Blog: “Trick or Treat!”  Although there were several posts on the blog before this particular one, they were mostly just pictures and honestly, some that you will find before this day were back-dated.  All of this to say that today is kind of like our 1-year blog anniversary.

[118[2].jpg]

Honestly, I think of the Freeman Blog as our little baby and I love it.  It is like scrapbooking (which I used to LOVE) but faster, easier, and with less mess.  I love the fact that I can look back on the past year and that our families can read what we’re up to, even if it is just a walk at the arboretum or a recipe.  I love taking pictures of our everyday lives and I love feeling like I’m sharing them by posting them on the blog, even if only three people are looking at them.

[Christmas 2009 053[2].jpg]

More than anything, though, is the outlet that this little blog has given me to document our lives and marriage. I think it will be amazing to show to our kids some day & I fully intend to continue blogging as long as I possibly can! Also,  I honestly think that keeping up with the blog has made me a happier person.  I swear!  I love taking pictures and describing our road trips and vacations and even the ordinary days.  I can’t talk about my job on the blog, but before I started this new position I was absolutely miserable with work.  The blog helped me tremendously by forcing me to be positive and to really notice the many, many blessings I have in my life…because I’m not going to be a total Eyeore on the internet.

[167[2].jpg]

I also think that the blog has brought Brent and I closer together. I love our life together and I love that even after 7.5 years it still feels like an adventure.  We will often be out and about and one of us will say “Oh, this would be a good picture for the blog!”  Even though I can’t get him to post (yet!), he contributes by providing ideas, inspiration, photos, and critique.

Freeman collage

One final benefit of the blog is that it has helped me not to be so shy and private.  When I first started actually posting pictures and words in my posts and Brent would show his friends, or I would get a random comment from a stranger on the internet, I was absolutely HUMILIATED.  I felt like I was exposing myself to everyone.  But then the more I did it, the more I got over that embarrassment and now I realize that I was just taking myself WAY too seriously.  Now, I will say that most people still don’t know about the blog (like my coworkers) and I know I would still die of humiliation if they some how found it.  But I’ll worry about that it if ever happens.

[118[3].jpg]

I know that it is silly to write such a long, pensive post about a silly little blog that only has three readers but seriously, we love it and it is so fun and it has truly made a difference in my life during the past year.  So here’s to many more posts and years!!!

[082[3].jpg]

No comments: